Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:43:52 -0700
From:      Ben Jackson <ben@ben.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   anyone working on IPC_64 for compat/linux?

I'm trying to use the Qtopia dev env (for Sharp Zaurus) under FreeBSD.
The qpe app comes up under qvfb fine, but I can't launch things because
they use SYSV SHM segs to attach and I get:

	linux: 'ipc' typ=258 not implemented

because the apps are compiled using the IPC_64 interfaces.  In a nutshell
you get the same shmctl syscall but the cmd has 0x100 set to indicate that
the caller expects a bunch of 64 bit data structures instead of the old
ones.

Looks like linux_ipc.c just needs to recognize that flag and have 64 bit
cases in all the bsd_to_linux_ipc_* and linux_to_bsd_ipc_* functions.
Has anyone done this or does anyone see anything I'm missing?  If not
I'll do it myself...

[not on the list, pls cc me, thx]

--
Ben Jackson