Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 10:10:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SO_KEEPALIVE

> > Question, stupid, nonetheless a question:
> >
> > Does anybody see any advantage to allowing for a way to set a systemwide
> > SO_KEEPALIVE default of ON?
>
> make a sysctl variable for this.  It's really easy.

Yeah, well, that's nice :-)  I wanted to know if there would be any general
interest.  I'm not a kernel hacker so it would take a bit of expenditure of
effort on my part to figure all that out, yadda yadda yadda, and if it was
something that would not make it into -current, I would opt for a quick and
dirty hack.

Can anyone suggest an appropriate name for such a variable?

... Joe

Solaria Public Access UNIX - Milwaukee, WI			   414/546-7968