Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:35:43 -0500
From:      Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>
To:        Ugen Antsilevitch <ugen@undp.org>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Revision E

Ugen Antsilevitch wrote:

> Heh...i asked this question in here this morning actually:) I think this is
> probably what i have -
> it's dell and it has AHA-2940UW. I tried to use with with 2.2.7-stable and
> it didn't work:)
> Let's see if you get any better answers:)
> --Ugen

Oh as far as I know they work just fine until you put load on them..
then they spew timeout errors.
At least that's been my experience with the Rev. E chipset 2940s with
either 2.2 or 3.0 as of about 6 months ago (pre-CAM)

A dual channel AHA-2940 would be a 3940 which uses a different and
unsupported chipset (the 7895 I believe) unless you either patch CAM
into 2.2 or use 3.0 which now uses CAM.

Although I wouldn't put 3.0 into immediate production without testing it
out thoroughly it would be easier for you to install than trying to get
a CAM-patched 2.2 working.

-T
--
TerraNovaNet Internet Services - Key Largo, FL
Voice: (305)453-4011        Fax: (305)451-5991