Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:16:40 +0200
From:      Alexander Litvin <archer@lucky.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclades :(

I'm just curious why the Cyclades are mentioned as the "first choice"
in the handbook? Nobody has any problems with them?

I agree -- ISA cy works. As for PCI...

Though, the "funny" fact: with PCI cy our box seem to reboot
(not panic) or lockup in some minutes after coming up when...
we use getty! And with mgetty works. I understand that getty
and mgetty use different devices, and the problem has somthing
to do with that, but it simply reboots, so we don't have
place to start debugging...

The problem was reproduced with 4 different motherboards and 2
Cyclades cards, so problem with faulty hardware could be
neglected. Tested with 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 3.0-SNAP from about the
middle of August, 2.2-STABLE from some two weeks before 2.2.5.

--
Litvin Alexander