Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:25:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Brian Henning <b1henning@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DFE-670TXD

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Brian Henning wrote:
> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 15:33:45 -0600
> From: Brian Henning <b1henning@hotmail.com>
> To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: DFE-670TXD
>
> Hello-
> I have a DFE-670TXD D-Link PCMCIA NIC I just bought. I have a couple of
> questions about intalling it on FreeBSD. How do i know if i need to limit
> which interrupts are available for it? Will I get a message when i plug the
> card in? I couldn't find it in the Hardware.txt file on the 4.7 CD, is this
> card suported? if so which driver? I am in the process of installing the
> card now so thanks for the help.
>
> Brian

My 3com pc-card causes a message to be issued when it's inserted/removed.
I don't think I gave the daemon any extra args, I think that's the default
behavior.

You'll know you have an interrupt conflict if your display freezes when
you insert the card and unfreezes when you eject it, or if something that
was working before (e.g. your sound card) doesn't work afterward.

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg