Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:02:53 -0800
From:      "Juan Kuuse" <archiver@db.geocrawler.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   modstat: modload: /dev/lkm

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Juan Kuuse" <kuuse@quik.guate.com>
Be sure to reply to that address.

I just upgraded from 3.0-RELEASE to 3.4-STABLE.
Three things didn't work:

1. Invalid format at boot: Fixed with disklabel
etc.
2. pam error at login: Missing /etc/pam.conf file,
fixed by copying the file from another 3.4 box
(that one was upgraded from 3.1-RELEASE).
3. modstat: /dev/lkm: Device not configured
   modload: /dev/lkm: Device not configured

I searched the mailing list and figured out that I
don't need
the lkm modules anymore.
But I didn't find *how* to get rid of the lkm
modules (and the error messages).
"options LKM" in the kernel config file doesn't
seem to be an elegant solution.

How do I? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Juan Kuuse

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive