Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 17:19:23 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@miricle.its.unimelb.edu.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Load balanced slip/ppp connections?

Has anyone thought about tackling load balanced slip/ppp
on FreeBSD?
I've had a little poke around in the kernel, and it looks like there
are a couple of places one could hack it in, but I don't have the
expertise to do that, much less to do it properly.

I would guess that to do it properly would require either the ability of
one route to be attached to multiple interfaces, or for e.g. sl1 to be
declared to be an alias for sl0.

Or I guess the 'real properly' would be multilink PPP.

Any thoughts?

Daniel O'Callaghan                |  Phone : +61-3-9344 8128
ITS - CWIS Team                   |  Fax   : +61-3-9347 4803
The University of Melbourne       |  E-mail: danny@www.unimelb.edu.au
Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia    |  http://www.unimelb.edu.au/~danny