Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:31:52 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux-list@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Testers for avifile WM9 support

Hi,

	Once again there is an update for avifile with brand new
features.

	This version fixes some bugs and probably introduces others. ;-)
Therefore, we need to test it to make sure it works for the broadest
audiance.

	The great addition in this version is Windows Media Video
9 (WMV9) and new API for Direct Media Object. These changes only
work for i386 users. Others, alpha and sparc64 users, out there
cannot use WMV9 just yet.

	Therefore, you will need to install a new version
of win32-codecs port to support WMV9 codecs. And, a new version
of avifile port. Bear in mind that it might not work well.
Let's try to narrow down the bugs.

	Currently, I was able to play pretty much everything I did
before. But it seems that avifile core dumps when trying to play
xvid files with AC3 sound.  Could anyone try reproducing these?

- win32-codecs with WMV9 codecs
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/win32-codecs.tar.gz
- avifile updated for WMV9 (version 0.7.22.20021129)
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/avifile.tar.gz

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer