Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:48:00 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any plan to get bsd.gnome.mk works w/ OPTIONS?

Hello,

I am a maintainer of x11-wm/fluxbox-devel and I just changed from
pre-everything to OPTIONS. So, I noticed that it needs the OPTIONS to be
add in the bsd.gnome.mk. Do anyone have any plan? I tried to do it by
myself (for now) like this for example:

===================================
WANT_GNOME=	yes

OPTIONS=	GNOME "Enable GNOME support" on

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

.if ${HAVE_GNOME:Mlibgnome}!=""
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-gnome
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-gnome
.endif

.include <bsd.port.post.mk>
===================================

It will not listen to the OPTIONS if the user turn it off, but will listen
to the 'make -DWITHOUT_GNOME'.

I am wondering what are the plan for this like remove GNOME from OPTIONS
and it will be done by automatic by bsd.gnome.mk or should I keep GNOME in
OPTIONS? Just want to ask so I can have it ready early. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org