Date:      Tue, 05 May 1998 21:01:06 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Shared library major for JPEG hosed?

Hi

The log for a lot of ports boldly states:
<quote>
date: 1998/05/04 20:23:24;  author: jseger;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
Change JPEG shared library number to 9.  This is to make sure that everyone
installs the version of the port that uses shared library number 9 and the
LIBRARY_VERSION set to the default.  Normally this is against our policy
(bumping the version number for minor things), however due to the major
problems caused with the upgrade, Satoshi and I decided that this was best.
</quote>

...thus requiring libjpeg.so.N.M to have an N of at least 9. AFAIC see,
in the current graphics/jpeg, N == 8. This may need to be fixed?

Mark Murray