Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:17:57 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Lighter-weight glib?

Hi, gnome team,

It's been a long time since I was really up on gnome stuff, but I =
recently found myself wanting to install a glib-based port and was =
surprised at the number of dependencies.

Is gettext really mandatory? Can it be flipped via an NLS switch?

Likewise, is python and perl really needed at runtime? I haven't really =
looked at it yet, but I'm surprised to think that apps merely linking =
against libglib.so really need python and perl at runtime.

If python and perl are just needed to build other ports, then an exp-run =
without python or perl in glib's RUN_DEPENDS would help identify those =
ports.

What are your thoughts on this?

# Adam

--=20