Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:45:50 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD release ISO purpose?

Hey folks.  I've been a FreeBSD user for a good while, and with the
5.3 release, I've been trying to figure out the details of each of the
release ISOs.  The Lehey book, the online handbook, release notes, and
whatnot never mentions the purpose of each.  The install instructions
simply say "insert the installation CD".  I've always assumed this referred
to disk1.  I've never needed to use disk2 in the install, so what's it
for?  What's the bootonly disk for?  What's the mininst disk for?
(I'm guessing it means minimum install)

Can anyone point me to the details if they exist online?

TIA
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

May's Law:
  The quality of correlation is inversly proportional to the density
  of control.  (The fewer the data points, the smoother the curves.)