Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 10:25:04 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   compiling apache_1.0.0 http server under 2.1.0-RELEASE

Hi all,

just been trying to compile apache_1.0.0 and  get most of the way through
the make and it stalls with the following error:

mod_auth.o: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Does this mean that I need the DES crypt libraries etc. ?  If so I would
be interested in a URL for a non-US version of the same for 2.1.

Thanks,
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !