Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 1997 17:09:37 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cable-modems

Pedro F. Giffuni scribbled this message on Jun 3:
> Howdy,
> 	My local TV provider announced they would offer Internet connectivity
> through a Motorola product that will let you use an ethernet card to
> connect to they fiber (TV) network .
> I wanted to join, but the local provider doesn't offer details, and
> Motorola says Unix is not supported. Anyone knows something about this?

there can be two meanings of supported..  a) it will work with the
equipment listed, or b) we will make it work with the equipment listed...
I'm pretty sure they are talking about b...  they won't help you get
your unix machine talking, but it you do, good for you... :)

> Of course I said I wasn't interested, Internet without Unix is a
> nonsense! But if the end-point is Ethernet, it should work.

hope this helps...  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD