Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 1995 18:41:08 -0400
From:      Temptation <temp@temptation.interlog.com>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cursor

On Mon, 5 Jun 1995, Sean Kelly wrote:

>     Alex> Is the selection and cursos routines gonna be in FreeBSD
>     Alex> like it is in linux?

I don't know what cursos is, never heard of it.
but this is selection -

gpm - a cut and paste utility and mouse server for virtual
       consoles

DESCRIPTION
       This package, which is currently beta quality, tries to be
       a  useful  mouse  server  for  applications running on the
       Linux console.  It is heavily  based  on  the  "selection"
       package,  by Andrew Haylett, and quite a good deal of code
       comes from selection itself. This package is intended as a
       replacement for "selection", to provide additional facili-
       ties. gpm isn't needed if you don't run text-based  appli-
       cations with mouse support.

AUTHORS
       Andrew Haylett <ajh@gec-mrc.co.uk>
       Alessandro Rubini <rubini@ipvvis.unipv.it>

it doesn't work that great, and you usually have to kill it, if you want
to run X.

> I don't know.  What are the `selection' and `cursos' routines?
>
>     Alex> I'm about to switch to linux and that's one of the main
>     Alex> reasons.

I thought that was funny too :)