Date:      Wed,  6 Sep 2000 15:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      eddier@home.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bin/21086: Annoying little bug using   ls -G   with colorized prompts.

>Number:         21086
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       Annoying little bug using   ls -G   with colorized prompts.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When using "ls -G" while also using colored bash prompts, if the first file(s) outputted are not to be colorized, they take on the bash prompt color until reaching a file that does have color. Then the folowing non-colored files take on the defualt white. In other words, there is no *initial* setting of the default color.
I know it's a tiny thing and you have better things to worry about, but...  :)
>How-To-Repeat:
Add a colorized bash prompt.
Do a ls -G
(Make sure that the directory's first few files have no color attribute.)
>Fix:
Easy fix is to add
  endcolor(0);
to parsecolors() in src/bin/ls/print.c
This forces an initial setting of the color, once, before displaying any files. Looks like you tried to fix it with some signal() code just before the call to pasrecolors() but it didn't seem to fix it.