Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:33:15 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@gbch.net>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ab.ca>
Cc:        scanner@jurai.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: post-install of kernal sources, maxusers max?

Lyndon Nerenberg writes:

> FWIW I run our NFS server with NMBCLUSTERS=10000. It doesn't burn that
> much additional memory.

As an additional data point, I had an NFS server that regularly
crashed when it ran out; logs showed that it needed up to 1700
(against the default of 1024).  I bumped it to 4096 about a year
ago to give myself a bit of headroom and have no problems since;
and I have noticed no waste of resources that mattered.