Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:45:17 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Funn Dipp' <isetr0@sevicron.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: I'm locked out

I've seen similar stuff on Solaris boxes, caused by using a crappy xterm
emulator for weendoze and having a weird value for TERM on the remote box.
(I log in using console servers, so this _is_ relevant for single user mode
stuff....  just).  If you use a similar setup, it could be that.  You would
probably see screwy output from other full-terminal programs, like more and
top, etc.

Could be this (I have noticed some slightly odd behaviour at the console if
the TERM environment variable is set up wrong), but given my track record
for things like this, it probably isn't!  :o)

Dan "Monday is low self-esteem day" Bye