Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:34:22 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Trying to make world from 3.1-RELEASE src

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 04:55:25PM -0500, W Gerald Hicks wrote:

> From: Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
> [snips]
> >
> > But for now, has anyone built, without problems, the complete source
> > from 3.1-RELEASE CD?
> >

> I am almost certain that the port maintainer had it working on the
> cutover day to -RELEASE.  I run -STABLE here and don't have any problems
> building or using WindowMaker.
>
> WM is a fast moving _beta_.  If you need to run the newest version of
> it before 1.0 I'd encourage tracking -STABLE.

But it won't ever run on my machine since it doesn't like the
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 !!! That's why I want to make world instead of
reinstalling, since reinstalling "isn't an option in UNIX" as someone
has mentioned. I'm not that eager to run the latest wm just 0.51 that's
compiled and installed on my puter.

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_