Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2012 22:26:38 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recommended 10g cards

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote=
:
> Hi
> I will be 'experimenting' with 10g in the next few months, so
> I need to buy =A0some cards,
> After googling for some time, I noticed that there is not realy much real
> info, and some of it is a bit dated.
> Since these cards are pricy, could those that have such cards share some =
info?
> cheers,

We use Myricom cards in our 10G network test systems and they have
worked out quite well. We are able to drive TCP to over 9Gbs and do US
to Austrailia disk to disk transfers at over 5 Gbps. Myricom does the
FreeBSD drivers and is active in the FreeBSD community.
--
R. Kevin Oberman - Network Engineer
rkoberman@gmail.com