Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2021 11:11:47 -0700
From:      Mark Millard via freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
To:        bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RPi4, www/chromium, FAILED: v8_context_snapshot_generator

From: bob prohaska <fbsd_at_www.zefox.net> wrote on
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 08:40:24 -0700 :

> While compiling www/chromium on an 8GB RPI4 poudriere stopped with
> FAILED: v8_context_snapshot_generator
>=20
> Does anybody recognize this error? If it helps I can put the=20
> machine on the net via http so folks can browse relevant parts
> of the filesystem. Ports were last updated July 12.

"v8_context_snapshot_generator" is not a FreeBSD message but a
program in chromium's source code, for example:

=
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/66.0.3359.181/tools/v8_co=
ntext_snapshot/v8_context_snapshot_generator.cc

Its comments before in main (int argc, cha** argv) { . . . } are:

// This program takes a snapshot of V8 contexts and writes it out as a =
file.
// The snapshot file is consumed by Blink.
//
// Usage:
// % v8_context_snapshot_generator --output_file=3D<filename>

My guess is that any actual error report but what happened to
v8_context_snapshot_generator is earlier and that "FAILED:
v8_context_snapshot_generator" is a later consequence of
earlier activity.

You may need to expose the log file.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard