Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 22:27:19 -0400
From:      Mike Packard <packard@smart.net>
To:        jseger@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Mike Packard <mike@packards-home.smart.net>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: gcl-2.3

Dear Mr. Seger,

I have a question on gcl-2.3.  On the ports page, you are listed as the
maintainer for it.

I have downloaded the source code for gcl and am trying to compile it as
well as macsyma.  The make fails with the line

Building symbol table for ../unixport/raw_gcl ..
Bad magic ../unixport/raw_gcl
Error: The rsym command ../unixport/rsym ../unixport/raw_gcl rsym1561
failed .
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by PROGN.
Broken at SYSTEM:BUILD-SYMBOL-TABLE.  Type :H for Help.

I have looked through the patches and do not see something that could
help me with this problem.  Do you understand what the error message is
and how to correct for it?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Mike Packard
mike@packards-home.smart.net