Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 02:40:49 -0400
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>, Boyd Faulkner <faulkner@mpd.tandem.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sound stuff again (GUS MAX)

On Tue, April 11, 1995 at 23:17:39 (+0000), Amancio Hasty wrote:
 > Well, most Linux sound apps will compile with minor effort on FreeBSD.
 > So if you like you can peruse on the linux archive from time to time
 > to see what they got in terms of sound apps. Also, there is a Voxware
 > api document detailing the interface to the sound driver --- I don't
 > have it handy but when I get chance I will put it up for easy ftp
 > access.

	Well, the point in asking for all that stuff was that I need to
find out whether or not the problem with my sound stuff exists because of
the state of the driver, or due to something I did wrong with configuring
my kernel, or whatever.  If his stuff works for him and not me and things
are not identical as far as kernel configs and such, I can pretty much
assume I've got a hardware problem...

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration