Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 00:56:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@neland.dk>
To:        <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pppoe (=poptop?) over userland ppp

I've searched the mailing list archives and google, but can't locate any
answers.

I'm running userland ppp on a -current box as a firewall/isdn-router to
connect my home-network over isdn to the internet.

I'm running poptop on the linux gateway at work, and I can connect a home
windows-me vith microsofts VPN to poptop and connect to the nt's inside
the firewall at work. (I scared a coworker this evening: He had just
checked he was the last one at the office, and suddenly the printer
started printing! :-) )

But I'd like to have pppoe running on my home gateway to transparently
connect my home network to the office network.

While I've seen examples where I can write in ppp.conf "device: PPPoE:ed0"
to connect a netgraph node to an ethernet card, I can not do "device:
PPPoE:tun0"; tun0 is not a netgraph node as ed0 is.

I've also tried device: PPPoE:i4bing0, but gets

Warning:  i4bing0 unexpected nodetype ``i4bing'' (wanted  ``ether'')

What to do then?

Also; I can't see where I specify the adress of the remote poptop gateway
machine.

Leif