Date:      Thu, 6 May 1999 21:00:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Arcnet driver for FreeBSD

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Max Khon wrote:
> I have ported NetBSD/amiga arcnet driver to FreeBSD.
> The drivers supports SMC90c26, SMC90c56 and SMC90c66 (in '56 comp. mode)
> arcnet ISA cards. Both RFC1201 and RFC1051 (untested) protocols are
> supported.

Sweet!  Sweet!  Sweet!

> The driver is known to be compatible with Linux arcnet driver.
> (I have ~180-190K/s via ftp between Linux and FreeBSD)

Cool.

> This work also includes generic ARP support.
> Is it possible to merge this stuff in? This should help
> FreeBSD Token Ring project a lot.

Indeed, the generic ARP stuff would be very nice.

> http://iclub.nsu.ru/~fjoe for details

I'll go about qualifying all the cards I have here.

I've also got some 100 meg TCNS arcnet cards here that should work in
compatibility mode.  I'll whip up EISA shims for them and test them as
well.  :)

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |