Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 02:56:10 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        james huckle <james@xch.net>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Newbie Submission'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FW: Email [was: Squid will that be fried ?]

On Thu, Mar 26, 1998 at 03:23:45PM -0000, james huckle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm get a little sick of all this MS bashing. Sure, the product IMHO
> usually sucks and is bug ridden but people buy it and people have to
> support it. People like pretty windows to type into and will use these
> products at the expense of resilience.

I don't think the thrust of these software complaints is necessarily
anti-microsoft only. Our issue is the particular software and what it does.

Claris, for example, produces software which blatently disregards standards
and encourages their customers to believe they're doing the right thing.
I find this approach reprehensible, no matter which company does it.
I don't like paying any software company to make me look a fool.
Many different companies have tried.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-