Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2005 21:23:16 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Perl CPAN and packages question

On Jul 1, 2005, at 7:13 PM, Steven Hartland wrote:

> I've actually submitted a patch for this if someone wants to commit
> it as it is very annoying especially when u have hundreds installed :)

I also find it horribly annoying.  I keep my perl modules up to date
via cpan, since there are so many modules there that I use that are
not part of the ports tree, and I just don't have the cycles to
create a port for every one I need (which is why BSDPAN came about in
the first place....)

I would love to see something that would synthesize the origin just
to keep portupgrade quite about it.