Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:02:00 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Jon Hamilton <hamilton@pobox.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What Linus said about FreeBSD

On Wednesday,  9 February 2000 at 17:16:13 -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> At 04:04 PM 2/9/2000 , Jon Hamilton wrote:
>> [quoting Brett Glass]
>>> Using or supporting the GPL, on the other hand, IS attacking others,
>>> since the GPL itself is intended to hurt people.
>>
>> You've taken your conclusion as given, and are arguing back from that point.
>
> That the GPL is intended to hurt people is, simply, beyond
> dispute. Richard Stallman has explicitly and repeatedly stated not
> only THAT it is designed to hurt people, but whom it is designed to
> hurt, and how.

Jon, it's for reasons like this that I don't continue discussions with
Brett.  If he could channel his ability into something positive, like
the Daemon News article I suggested, it would be one thing.  But it
seems that his perception of the GPL is at the centre of his being,
and nothing will shake it.  It's a pity, because it devalues him as a
serious discussion partner, but there's obviously not much we can do
about it.  How about just stopping this thread here and now?

Greg