Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 23:23:35 +0200
From:      Ferruccio Zamuner <nonsolosoft@diff.org>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   gmirror on FreeBSD 5.5

Hi

today I happened to restart a FreeBSD 5.5 i386 server with gmirror.
It had only da0, while it must had also da1 and da2 attached.

So I've given:
  gmirror forgot gm0
  gmirror insert -h gm0 da1 da2

And it was working nice during disks resync.

I had to reboot while it has not finished the resync, it restarted and
it was fine, the resync was not completed yet, but that job was still in
progress.

But I had to reboot it another time for some power connection problems
and now it load kernel but its bootstrap seems to hang during GMIRROR
after it had attached both da1 and da2.
The hd led lights on and off as when it has something to do on the disk,
so I've decided to let it turned on to see if it is still completing its
jobs.

Really, now it has to be completed the mirror resync but I don't see it
to appear on the net, and I fear it hangs during the boot.

What do you suggest?  Have I to try to boot with a freebsd 5.5 disc2 iso?
I cannot upgrade it to latest versions of freebsd: this pc will not be
used for long time yet.

Thank you in advance,                 \ferz