Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 19:08:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sync locking problem with Bt848 ?

Hi,

I have the Bt848 driver working with a Hauppauge board. I am testing it
with the tuner input (I am in a PAL/50Hz country) and notice that
either the tuner has a poor sensitivity (but the audio comes out with
very good qualyty -- I know it is less critical...) or the Bt848 is a
bit critical in locking into the sync, unless the signal is very strong.

In the meteor driver there were parameters (different for 50 and
60Hz) to locate precisely the position of sync pulses . Is there
anything similar for the Bt848 ? Can someone send me a copy of the
relevant info so that I can try to patch the driver ?

	Thanks
	Luigi