Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:02:49 -0400
From:      Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        Dru Lavigne <dru.lavigne@att.net>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for advice

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Dru Lavigne <dru.lavigne@att.net> wrote:

>> I'm curious. When will the
>> examination cover other architectures such
>> as POWER/PowerPC, SPARC, and ARM?
>> Having an exam for such architectures would get the BSDs
>> recognition
>> as a reliable system with the Power group. Support for ARM
>> in the exam
>> could increase the use of the BSDs in embedded devices; and,
>> the same
>> is also true for certain Power architectures.
>>
>> I am aware that the standard architecture being used is i386
>> and
>> amd64. I am also aware that development is taking place on
>> the
>> architectures mentioned.
>

> The BSDA exam is for system administration, not development.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

Such systems require that the administrator know Forth or other
commands for the boot loader. These commands are also needed for
accessing different settings prior to booting the OS.

On POWER/PowerPC systems, booting a different installation requires
the person to know the exact partition because the boot loader will
look for the first available UFS2 partition.

If nothing else, such should be added for those who wish to administer
or do administer such systems. It can be added as an optional section.