Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:44:02 +0100
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net'" <Joachim.Jaeckel@d.kamp.net>
Subject:   RE: last StarOffice 5.0 on FreeBSD 3.1 ?

Hi Joachim,

I'm sorry, I can't really help, but I experienced this _exact_ same problem
when I tried StarOffice5 on 3.1-RELEASE. That shared library it's looking
for seems to have a very strange and unlikely name. I did a 'find' and it
doesn't exist anywhere. Did you install the glibc6 that comes with
Staroffice? I did do this and it made no difference.

I don't believe it's a problem with my linux emulation because WordPerfect8
for linux runs just fine. (I reckon this is better than staroffice
wordprocessor anyway, but shame it doesn't come with spreadsheet etc). Mind
you, Wordperfect uses glibc5. Maybe thats something to do with it.

Regards,

Jeff