Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:08:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on ifconfig sl0 issue...

Well -

 I've added some printf()s to determine that what I suspected
was correct.   The route is being entered into the table
twice.

 If looks like in_ifinit() is calling the sioctl() routine,
which calls if_up(), which then adds the route.

 Then, in_ifinit() goes on to add another route and *poof*
- the route's already there - you get EEXISTS.

 What's interesting about this is it only happens on my
small laptop.  On an older 486 I have - if_up() doesn't
seem to get invokved (I'm working on finding out why.)

 For those interested - see /sys/netinet/in.c and
/sys/net/if.c and /sys/net/if_sl.c.  This is all with
a 3.2-RELEASE source base.

	- Dave Rivers -