Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 08:30:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Martin <martid@nando.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   modem dialout

My modem problem is opposite from the usual -- I can dial in just fine,
but dialout with tip is a problem.  I am using the /dev/cuaa0 driver in
/etc/remote and am setting it up as a direct connect.  The modem responds
fine and will dial the number, but doesn't seem to make a connection to
the system I am dialing into.  (I've tried this on two different systems
with two different modems)

I will get a prompt, but when I type in my login and hit return, the
cursor just goes to the far left.  It won't work using ^J, either.  If I
wait long enough I will get a connection timeout.

Is this something in the tty setup?

Thanks.

Dan