Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2019 09:08:05 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        "Basil.Bourque" <basil.bourque@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Postgres 12 Beta not found in Ports

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 08:14, Basil.Bourque <basil.bourque@gmail.com> wrote=
:

> When using the  Searching FreeBSD Ports
> <https://www.freebsd.org/ports/searching.html>;   page, I find the current
> release of PostgreSQL 11.4:
>
> >postgresql11-server-11.4
>
> >https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/databases/postgresql11-server
>
> But I cannot find either Beta 1 or Beta 2 of Postgres 12.  Beta 2 was
> released <https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/1949/>;   2019-06-20.
>
> =E2=9E=A5 Are public beta versions not routinely included in the Ports tr=
ee?

For Postgresql, only released versions are included in the Ports tree.
In fact, while ports are generally up to date, most of them only track
released versions.

> =E2=9E=A5 If not, by what route should I go to obtain such a beta version=
?

You could try building it from source yourself, but I would personally
wait the few months for the release version to come out.

Cheers.
--=20
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>