Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:32:00 -0500
From:      Tony <tbrock@mail.phoenix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GNOME: Does anyone use it?

I see many screenshots from the Linux community where people use this glorified
toolbar but from my experience, it's most reliable feature is creating .core
files.

I've compiled and recompiled this port from the ground up several
different times over the past 9 months and I never can seem to find the
functionality of it.   (recompiling the latest port dependancies, reinstalling
etc.)

I load up a window-manager, start an xterm and type "panel" at which point I
get the main GNOME toolbar.  If I try to configure it, it core dumps, if I do
most anything it core dumps.  It never wants to switch away from enlightenment
being the default manager etc.

My question is this: Are any people in the FreeBSD community using the GNOME
port happily?  Did I skip a fundamental /home/userdir setup script?

It's not important that I get it working, I just like to know why things aren't
working as they should.

Tony