Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 23:48:16 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disinvolvement with FreeBSD/SPARC

> I hope the FreeBSD community can understand and accept my decision to
> discontinue work on FreeBSD/SPARC at this time.  Undoubtedly this email
> will perturb some people, but I'd rather do that now than dishonestly act
> like I'm kinda sorta working on the port.

Thanks for coming forward and being honest about it - as you say, it's
better to do that than drag things out.

I guess that sort of prompts the next question.  Is there anyone
wanting to take on the task of doing a Sparc port in Jason's place or
can we simply retire this project from the rolls and quietly fold up
the various references to it in the documentation?  Better to simply
bury it (even if temporarily) than raise false hopes if the project is
well and truly without a motive force behind it.  That much we've
at least learned from (similar) experience. :)

				Jordan