Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 00:16:10 +1100 (EST)
From:      proff@suburbia.net
To:        tqbf@enteract.com
Cc:        tqbf@enteract.com, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Critical Security Problem in 4.4BSD crt0

> The problem's not gone. The problem's nowhere near gone. There are tons of
> 2.1.5 and 2.1.6 systems on the net. As long as the distributions remain on
> the FreeBSD FTP servers, they should be kept secure. A problem that
> renders every single program on the system vulnerable is serious
> regardless of which revision it affects.
>
> Thomas Ptacek at EnterAct, L.L.C., Chicago, IL [tqbf@enteract.com]

You are right of course, I guess I'm suffering from -current or death
mentality.

Cheers,

--
Prof. Julian Assange  |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
proff@iq.org          |and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery