Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 2000 21:02:35 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        marko@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, galt@inconnu.isu.edu
Subject:   Re: Intalling WindowsNT,FreeBsd 3.4,FreeBsd 4.1

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 07:55:15PM +0000, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:> [=20
Redirected to -chat ]
>> > stuff like swap, var, usr, _ad nauseum_in the >1024 cyl area.  Even=
=20
>> though
>>                               ^^^^^^^^^^^
>>=20
>> <snip>
>>=20
>>=20
>> Dear John Galt,
>>=20
>> I am afraid your Latin is not correct; your quotation should read "ad=
=20
>> nauseam".
>>=20
>> On a related note, this specific mistake is rather frequent.=20
>>=20
>> More significantly, it seems that, whenever you are quoting from=20
Latin=20
>> in a [more or less] serious or even emphatic context, the probability=
=20
>> of making such a mistake/typo/error increases :-))=20
>>=20

> subscribe freebsd-latin@freebsd.org  :)

> Vini, Vidi, Vinum - I came, I saw, I RAIDed
  ^^^^

That should read "Veni" (AFAIR, with long quantity on the "e"), but I=20
suspect you made this mistake on purpose; anyway, speaking about=20
"vinum", I will just recall the truism (probably well-known to Greg): =20

In vino veritas ...=20

Best regards,
Salvo