Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:23:44 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Martin <nakal@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/149516: [ath] ath(4) hostap with fake MAC/BSSID results in station dropping packets when associated

Hi,

On 29 November 2012 11:40, Martin <nakal@web.de> wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR kern/149516; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Martin <nakal@web.de>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: kern/149516: [ath] ath(4) hostap with fake MAC/BSSID results in
>  station dropping packets when associated
> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:35:05 +0100
>
>  Confirmed on 9.0-RELEASE-p3. Bug still exists.

What's the fake mac address that you're using?

Some extra code went into the driver which allowed for multicast group
keys to be programmed in correctly on later chips. They needed this to
be done "right" in order to support muli-vap mode with encryption.
This was done incorrectly in 8.x and I fixed it sometime before
9.0-REL was branched. -HEAD definitely has the "right" programming.

So, what's the fake MAC address?

Thanks,

Adrian