Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 1995 23:16:33 +0200
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Steven Wallace <swallace@ece.uci.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -current no longer sees my PCI bus

On Sep 22, 11:18, Steven Wallace wrote:
} > -current as of a sup at Fri Sep 22 00:15:40 PDT 1995 (with manual patch for
} > sig11 problem) no longer recognizes my PCI bus on my Intel P5-90 PCI
} > machine.  And hence doesn't see my adaptec 2940 controller.
} >
}
} For all of you who's PCI bus is not recognized, here is a TEMPORARY
} fix to get it working again until Stefan commits a real fix.
}
} For those of you who are wondering, I have Triton chipset with
} configuration mode 1, 32 device pci bridge:
} 	chip0 <Intel 82437 (Triton)> rev 1 on pci0:0
} 	chip1 <Intel 82371 (Triton)> rev 2 on pci0:7
} So anyone who was working with a mode 1 bridge and is not anymore, should
} try this patch.

I sent out a patch a few hours ago, that ought to fix the problem.

Please report on success or failure of the patch, since the one
that Steven Wallace included in his mail is known to fail on a
number of systems ... (Yes, it will fix -current on the Triton).

If you want to have PCI support for your system, then please report
on how my patch worked. I don't have enough different systems to
test it on myself. And I need it tested on non-PCI systems, too !

I REALLY depend on YOUR feedback ...

STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160