Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:38:37 +0300
From:      Andrey Novikov <novikov@webclub.ru>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tuning up semaphores in kernel

Hello.

Resently my PostgreSQL daemon died with:
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget failed (No space left on device) key=5432015, num=16, permission=600

I figured out that the kernel is out of available semaphores,
I wanted to rebuild it but the problem is that the options
related to semaphores are not documented. This is the mission
critical commercial server so I don't want just to make assumptions.
Can you please tell me how these all enigmatic numbers are
properly choosed:
options         SEMMAP=31
options         SEMMNI=11
options         SEMMNS=61