Date:      Wed, 7 Apr 2004 15:50:54 -0700
From:      Mike Hunter <mhunter@ack.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vim port compile error (libc.h:33: error: syntax error before "Rune")

On Apr 07, "Kris Kennaway" wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 10:57:14AM -0700, Mike Hunter wrote:
> > > Looks like a conflict with that header - use pkg_which to find out
> > > which port installed it.
> >
> > 9libs-1.0
> >
> > I'll try a portupgrade -rf on that I suppose...
>
> Those two ports probably conflict.

Thanks.  Is /usr/local/include/libc.h as important of a file as one might
expect, given it's named "libc.h"?  If so, why would the 9libs port go and
replace it?  Is that a problem, perhaps?

> > If I can get my computer booting again :(  (I somehow developed an
> > acpi/nvidia (not sure which) kernel panic...I saw portupgrade -rf go after
> > /usr/ports/x11/nvidia-driver...:~( )
>
> You have to rebuild klds when you update your kernel anyway..for now
> you just need to disable loading them at boot time (from loader
> prompt: unload, then load /boot/kernel/kernel).

It was compounded by a ata+acpi panic in 5.2.1-release, but I was able to
disable acpi, cvsup to current and survive.

Thanks again,

Mike