Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 01:33:16 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com, se@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCCARD in -current broken

>On Sep 23, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> wrote:
>> So, can I rely on register_intr() return a negative # for failure?

No, it sometimes returns > 0 for failure, sometimes -1.  This is
incompatible with the old register_intr(), which always returned
> 0 (e.g., EBUSY) for failure.

>Well, if it fails for you, then there definitely is
>a bug in the check I added to add_intrdesc(), which
>is there to avoid just this situation.

pccard arctually checks for != 0 for failure, so it should have no
problems with this incompatibilty.

>Looks fine to me. Lets see what happens after you call
>register_intr():
>Well, in fact you should see the "device combination doesn't support ..."
>message printed, when you call register_intr() to check for the interrupt
>to be available. If you don't then there is a good chance, that you perform

This part works fine :-).  I see these messages a lot because I register
some interrupts in drivers and isa_configure() attempts to register them
again.

Bruce