Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 22:11:53 +0200
From:      Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP Netserver 5/100 LS2

>Is is supported by FreeBSD-SMP? Has anyone actually used it?

Using it on a Netserver 5/133 LS4 which should be more or less the
same computer?

There is a "minor" problem though that I should have fixed long time
ago though.

FreeBSD dosn't support the PCI-PCI bridge in it, so it's unable to find
the SCSI controllers that is on the second PCI bus.

The hack I use at the moment is to manually bounce the pciroot variable
in pci.c from 1 to 2.

From:
        pciroots = 1;
        while (pciroots--) {

To:
        pciroots = 2;
        while (pciroots--) {

This isn't nice at all, at would probably give not help you much if
you need to put any pci cards with a pci bridge in the machine.

But otherwise it works.

The problem is to get thing installed the first time.
You'll need to plug some other scsi controller in the first pci bus,
or to compile a install disk on some other machine, og like me, install
the entire OS on another machine and then move the disk.

Terje Marthinussen
terjem@cc.uit.no