Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 1995 15:47:26 -0400
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Which SUP files are available and where ?

<<On Sat, 16 Sep 1995 15:40:37 -0500, rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth) said:

> Why bother with "stable" anything. Just call the tree 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.
> As for the long term support, I think we should consider CTM as the
> distribution mechanism rather than sup.

For those who have a high-speed net connection, CTM is a lose.  It's
too easy to get your source tree into a state where CTM decides that
it can't do anything, and then you have to do manual repair, whereas
with SUP you can just blow away the breakage and automatically get
fresh copies with little or no human intervention.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.