Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 1997 18:14:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Steve Reid <steve@edmweb.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Zsh problem - terminal oddities after Lynx

I've just installed the Zsh 3.0.2 port. After running Lynx (v2.6) I am
unable to use the cursor keys on the Zsh command line. Instead of the
cursor moving, I get a beep and an A, B, C, or D (depending on the key).
If I run Less (v321) the problem goes away.

This is under FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE running the above programs in a
color_xterm. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem in a vty.

I'm guessing that this is caused by Lynx sending some kind of escape
sequence to the terminal, and fixed by some sequence that Less prints.
Can someone tell me how to fix this? I don't want to have to run Less
every time I exit Lynx.