Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 1995 14:36:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        gj@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        chuckr%Glue.umd.edu@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging

On Tue, 21 Mar 1995, gj%pcs.dec.com@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com wrote:

> > I missed your original comment about the rest being on any linux archive,
> > so I began cehcking with archie and struck out.  When I went back and
> > finally saw your comment, I got the rest from sunsite, I have it
> > installed and working, and I am thunderstuck!
> >
> > This is precisely what I was looking for, thanks ever so much!
>
> Glad to be of assistance. It is nice, isn't it ? The author is
> planning to issue a new version this year and I'll then contribute
> a tgdb_wish for FreeBSD.

I think that people oughta know about this....the interface that the tgdb
package provides to the gdb debugger is so graphical!  And useful,
colorful, this is the most useful debugger I've seen.  Anyone else
interested, I'll be glad to go over what I had to do to get it running.
I sure recommend looking at tgdb, even if you're not in the middle of a
development project, just to see a really neat example of a tcl based
application.  Unlike ups, it didn't have any incompatibilities with the
existing gdb version, it just uses it, not recompiles it.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!