Date:      Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:16:44 +0000
From:      Christian Degen <bubulein@freenas.org>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exposing a hierarchy of ZFS datasets inside multiple jails

Moin,

I assume the easiest solution would be to make the many mountpoints
(datasets) invisiable for NFS. Here we go.

teufelchen# /etc/rc.d/jail stop alcatraz

## This will be the dataset which contains home's for example
teufelchen# zfs create tank/nullfs

## Now I create a dir which will be shared to the jails
## My idea is to make the mountpoints invisiable for NFS

teufelchen# mkdir /mnt/tank/nfs_home

teufelchen# mount_nullfs /mnt/tank/nullfs/ /mnt/tank/nfs_home/

teufelchen# mkdir /mnt/tank/alcatraz/mnt/nfs_home

teufelchen# cat /mnt/tank/freebsd/fstab.alcatraz
192.168.1.10:/mnt/tank/nfs_home /mnt/tank/alcatraz/mnt/nfs_home nfs rw 0 0

teufelchen# /etc/rc.d/jail start alcatraz

### IIRC
### You like to create datasets on the host, which apear in the jails
just in
### time?

teufelchen# zfs create tank/nullfs/dataset1
teufelchen# touch /mnt/tank/nfs_home/dataset1/newfile
teufelchen# jexec 14 ls /mnt/nfs_home/dataset1/
newfile

Is this what you are trying todo?

Christian Degen