Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:46:26 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
Cc:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek card support

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> what card is that and what is broken ?
> both the ne and the rl driver works reasonably well with the 8029
> and 8139 chips.

Media autodetection does not work here -I tried several different 10Mbps
hubs- with 8139 based cards. I have to specify "media 10baseT/UTP" to
ifconfig(8).

Cheers,
-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **